Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dm

Default "Ditching" a realtor?

I've been working with a realtor over the last several
months. Although I have had no luck in striking a deal
(a couple of "almosts") so far, I really like her and
she has been very helpful. We've gone out 8-10 times
looking at houses, so her investment is significant.

However, I have found a FSBO that I really like, and am
considering making an offer. I feel horrible about it,
almost to the point where I hope they would reject it.
I know this is irrational. But if I try to let her
in on it, and take her 2-3% cut, it will surely price
me out of the deal. Is there a way to handle this
situation, short of forgetting this house?