JD

Default "Ditching" a realtor?

dm wrote in message
om...
I've been working with a realtor over the last several
months. Although I have had no luck in striking a deal
(a couple of "almosts") so far, I really like her and
she has been very helpful. We've gone out 8-10 times
looking at houses, so her investment is significant.

However, I have found a FSBO that I really like, and am
considering making an offer. I feel horrible about it,
almost to the point where I hope they would reject it.
I know this is irrational. But if I try to let her
in on it, and take her 2-3% cut, it will surely price
me out of the deal. Is there a way to handle this
situation, short of forgetting this house?

This will likely set off the usual FSBO argument, but if you think that the
seller is going to discount the price by that amount you're kidding
yourself.

You also have to ask yourself who will handle the transaction. Do you know
how to write an offer and what has to be in the contract? Do you uinderstand
disclosure laws? Agents do much more than give you access to MLS listings
and their lock boxes.