Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

cyber

Default 2x4 parquet flooring

I saw a floor once made out of short lengths of 2x4 on end. I wonder how
this works out lasting? I wonder how long each piece was?
anyone?
Bush says that he does not need approval from the U.N.to wage
war.& he didn't need the approval of the voters to become
president either,did he?
ameijers

"cyber" wrote in message
I saw a floor once made out of short lengths of 2x4 on end. I wonder how
this works out lasting? I wonder how long each piece was?
anyone?

Heh- you got me all misty-eyed going down memory lane. The 1961-built
elementary school I attended had 2x4 end-grain butcher block in the
'multipurpose room' (Gym with a stage and foldback walls so the surrounding
hallway could be opened up for overflow crowds.) Haven't been back in the
place since my last visit to a favorite teacher almost 25 years ago, so not
sure how it held up. I don't know for sure, but I imagine the blocks would
have to be at least 3/4 or 1 inch long, to not disintegrate under impact
loads. They didn't have the urethane-based stuff back then like they do now
that essentially makes a plastic floor, with the wood as decorative filler.

aem sends...

Don Phillipson

"cyber" wrote in message

I saw a floor once made out of short lengths of 2x4 on end. I wonder how
this works out lasting? I wonder how long each piece was?
anyone?

In France where the word originated,
parquet means a floor of wood blocks
about 3" x 8" each.