Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default Experiment with LED lamps

trader_4 wrote:

Thanks for the real world info. It helps confirm my skepticism.
Based on experience with CFL, I wasn't going to buy LED's when
they were $35, only to find out that they failed early. Your
33% failure rate at one year isn't a good sign.

About 2 weeks ago, TSC (the Canadian break-away division of Tractor
Supply) was selling these:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Dimmab.../dp/B00GP665AC

Philips A 19 60 watt equivalent LED.

Interesting that my packaging is a little different. This one on Amazon
says 11w = 60 watt, savings $134.75.

Mine is 12W = 60 W, savings $132.

I don't quite get why Amazon is selling this for $58. Is that for a
10-pack?

I paid $4.99 each. I bought 6 of them, with plans to only use 1.
Seemed cheap enough. Very bright.

======
http://inhabitat.com/philips-releases-an-updated-a19-led-bulb-that-is-better-looking-and-more-efficient/#14005339204101&70802::resize_frame|0-0

LED bulbs may be fabulous for the environment, but they aren’t always
the prettiest of fittings to look at. Philips is trying to fix that with
an update to one of their more popular LED bulbs, the A19. Sleeker and
even more efficient, the new A19 replaces inefficient 60-watt
incandescent bulbs without sacrificing style.

The new A19 ditches the gray cooling fins and yellow phosphor that gave
the previous version its industrial appearance. But the changes aren’t
all aesthetic; the previous A19 consumed 12. 5-watts and the new version
consumes only 11-watts. In addition to the new styling, the bulb is also
more dimmable than the previous version, with all of the great
efficiency benefits that LED provides.

Philips isn’t spilling the beans on the new technology used to create
the bulb, employing what they call AirFlux technology to create the
sleek new look. No details have been released on what the technology
involves, but it is clear that it makes distinct visual improvements.
The bulb will come in soft white and daylight temperatures, produces 830
lumens, and will have a retail price of $24.97.
=========

Wow. And I got them for $5 each. Cannuck bucks too.

Experiment with LED lamps Art Todesco Home Repair 11 May 20th 14 08:18 PM
A dangerous experiment? Timothy Murphy[_2_] UK diy 24 October 9th 11 06:38 PM
Experiment Bob Crawford Woodturning 7 May 14th 09 08:19 PM
O.T. Making clear lamps into amber lamps NokNokMan Metalworking 14 October 12th 05 05:46 PM
Vac Experiment 2 [email protected] Woodworking 4 March 16th 05 12:35 AM