Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Heat Pump or Not? Please Help

On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 1:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Elizabeth Foltz wrote:
Hi Ya'll,

We are going to build our new home this year and are in the planning
stages right now. We are building a 1-1/2 story house with about 2800
square feet of living space. We cannot decide whether to go with a
conventional heating & cooling system or a heat pump/geothermal system.
We like the idea of the more environmentally friendly heat pump, but are
concerned about its efficiency and ability to really keep our house
cool in summer and warm in winter. Since we live in southeast Texas,
obviously keeping cool is the bigger concern for us, however, we can
usually expect two to three weeks of really cold temps each winter.

Questions:

1. If we go with the heat pump, can we really expect to recoup
our investment over time due to reduced electricity bills?

2. Can there be temperature control problems with the system
(too hot/too cold) that we will not be able to adjust?

3. Is the heat pump system adequate for all heating and cooling
needs, or will we need some alternative back-up system?

4. Would we be able to achieve the cost savings and efficiency we
desire by using a conventional system along with good insulation,
windows, ceiling fans, system zoning, etc..? P.S. Our 5-acre lot
is HEAVILY wooded -- plenty of shade.

Any advice or comments from heat pump consumers would be tremendously
appreciated. No e-mail please -- just post replies to this group.

Thanks,

Liz Foltz

Thanks for a marvelous posting!the information about swimming pool heater IS TOO GOOD.
I quite enjoyed reading it, you’re a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and will often come back sometime soon.
I want to encourage you continue your great work.

http://www.poten****ercare.in/stretcher.html