Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Old July 6th 10, 06:56 PM posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Pur vs Brita systems?

Looking to buy a water filter pitcher for home use....
for one person.

Cant seem to find any definitive reviews on Pur vs
Brita.

Any advice out there?

Old July 8th 10, 04:23 PM posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , wrote:
Looking to buy a water filter pitcher for home use....
for one person.

Cant seem to find any definitive reviews on Pur vs
Brita.

Any advice out there?

http://www.ehow.com/about_5588394_pur-vs_-brita.html

http://community.stretcher.com/forums/p/8694/88410.aspx

http://www.water.info/home.comparefi...PUR-Brita.html

http://www.water.info/home.comparefi...PUR-Brita.html

http://www.spudart.org/blogs/randomt...A4569_0_3_0_C/

I want to install another spigot on the kitchen sink with filtered cold water
myself. i want full flow normally.

Old July 20th 10, 04:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.house

Andrew Barss wrote:

I'd vote for neither. Get an under-counter (under-sink) 2-stage filter.
Better water flow, and it's cheaper in the long run (much cheaper).

I rent my apartment

Can I EASILY install the above myself?

And can it EASILY be taken with me when I move

I move a lot as I am a student
Old July 20th 10, 04:49 PM posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , wrote:
Andrew Barss wrote:

I'd vote for neither. Get an under-counter (under-sink) 2-stage filter.
Better water flow, and it's cheaper in the long run (much cheaper).

I rent my apartment

Can I EASILY install the above myself?

And can it EASILY be taken with me when I move

I move a lot as I am a student

You could use hoses fittings and take it away.

I want an under sink filter on a separate cold tap just for that purpose.
I need to cut another hole in my sink !!!

Old July 26th 10, 04:47 PM posted to misc.consumers.house

Second question....

Can either the Pur or Brita filters be RECYCLED when
spent?