Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Doc Doc is offline

Default Experiences with CenturyLink - thinking about upgrading DSL service.

I'm currently on Centurylink DSL, the bargain-basement 19.95/mo
(768kbs) plan originally with Embarq and they were bought by
Centurylink. The deal was the rate is supposed to be good forever as
long as you keep the plan.

They had a double your speed for $5 more offer which I didn't go for
at the time but checking with Centurylink they have the same deal.
Again, supposed to be good as long as you don't change your plan or
service.

The thing is, when I asked where I can see this in writing, I was
advised by the rep that it's not available in writing. Hmmm.....
Granted it's not major bucks we're talking about but obviously not
exactly the classic notion of a smart move when entering a contract.

Anyone have long term experience with Centurylink as far as them being
good on their word? My basic default position is to not trust giant
faceless corporations as far as I can throw them. The service has been
generally problem free other than occasional outages and once finding
a "mystery" phone number that I've never heard of or called on my bill
which they credited me for without too much hassle. However,
introducing a change seems to be where problems can occur.

Thoughts?

Thanks.