Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Replacing an old water heater

Hello,

I am trying to replace an old 50 Gal State water heater. The recovery time
on this one was so bad that we used to run out of hot water.

I got quotes for high recovery water heaters from

Bradford White
Lochinvar
Rheem

I assume that the new water heaters are a lot more energy efficient,I also
got a quote for a Renni tankless water heater. They seem to be more
expensive and I am not sold on it.

Any experiences with these brands (good or bad) and any advice is
appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:11:41 -0400, R Kannan
wrote:

I am trying to replace an old 50 Gal State water heater. The recovery time
on this one was so bad that we used to run out of hot water.

I got quotes for high recovery water heaters from

Bradford White
Lochinvar
Rheem

We're very happy with our gas Bradford White, installed by our plumber
6 years ago to replace a 6-year-old Sears water heater that had
terrible response time as well, and it's running very strong still.