Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Swiffer Wet Jet All-In-One Power Mop Starter Kit

List Price:$34.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00008MOQA
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00008MOQA

The swiffer wet jet is very handy to have around and it even promotes extra cleaning. You don't have to get out a bucket and all that, just the easily storeable wet jet and start cleaning.
I decided to buy this product back in 07 or 08 when I went to my sister's home and seen she had one. It's an ok product; I hated how it left residue when cleaning. And I also realized that the Swiffer all in one are better for minor spills and light stains because there have been several occasions where I break sweats trying to remove stains from the ground. On the positive side, I truly had a 5 to 15 min workout with it, and finally it broke on me after a year using the product. I recently bought another one two weeks ago for immediate replacement. After I'm through with the wet jet, I sometimes feel that the floors should be shinny. However, it dries like right after 60 seconds. Let's just be honest, it's best to rely on the trusty old mop to get the job done follow by a floor glow/shine product.
No matter what I do, can't get rid of the streaks. Tried using more...less, it leaves a nasty film. My floors aren't very dirty to begin with, but then I drag out my old mop with just water to get the dried, streaky solution off the floor. The pads are expensive to use. Mine only lasts maybe 1 large room. Not at all economic. Becomes very expensive with the solution, pads and all. Not great at cleaning either.
Those silly marketing guys... "all-in-one" 1. Sprays a wonderful smelling liquid that leaves streaks on dark tiles.2. Pushes dirt around requiring you to vacuum or sweep first3. Pads are one time use and it would be cheaper and greener if they were washable. 4. Pads are pretty pricey5. The solution smells good.6. Mops floors (but not as good as a traditional mop)That's 6 things in one!!!!!!!!!! That's an all-in-one!!!!Once I returned it to Wally World (Wal-mart for those who haven't heard of the Wally), I purchased the Bissell flip-ease. A little more pricey, but it vacuums on one side, sprays fluid on the other and has absorbant microfiber pads that are washable/reusable. Check out my other post on that one.http://www.amazon.com/review/R10L8XK...cm_cr_rdp_perm
Use the power-less Swiffer w/ wet wipes instead if you must. This one has a lot of design flaws:1) It leaks (let it be upright or downright) over time.2) Its solution is both expensive & too toxic (strong & artificial).3) Its pad does NOT pick up too much dirt, seems to be saturated all too soon & prematurely.4) Its scratch pad seems to be too weak to scrape off settled dirt even w/ the help of your feet like its manual suggests.5) Its spray is all over the places, including your wall.Only good thing is that its nozzle hasn't clogged over time.
The Swiffer WetJet Power Mop is an all-in-one mopping system that thoroughly cleans dirty floors quickly and easily. It is lightweight with a flexible swivel head that gets into hard-to-reach places. The push-button sprayer evenly distributes the pre-mixed cleaning solution which dissolves tough, greasy stains and sticky dirt. The disposable cleaning pads then pull in and trap the dirt, grime, hair and dirty water to keep it off your floors. Features a scrubbing strip on one side of the mop head for cleaning tough spots. Safe on virtually all floors, including finished wood.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Swiffer WetJet Cleaning Pads, 24-Count Box (Pack of 2):http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000HAX3S4
Procter & Gamble 08441 12 Count Wetjet Refill Pads:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000QRAW8C
Swiff Wet-jet Solution 32695 Procter & Gamble 1 Liter:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000CNTBX
Swiffer Sweeper+Vac Starter Kit:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000BYM8W8
Swiffer WetJet Cleaning Pads, 24-Count Box (Pack of 2):http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001F0RBT2

ACCESSORIES:

Woolite Dry Cleaner's Secret Dry Cleaning Cloths, 14-Count Box:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0006G3PM8
Cheer Liquid Detergent, Original, 16 Loads, 50 Ounces:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000B4RF5I
PROCTOR & GAMBLE 07100 LINEN&SKY FEBREZE AIR EFFECTS Case of 9:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0014E7UQ8

Use and storage of auto jump-starter - portable power Walter Cohen Home Repair 6 October 31st 08 02:50 PM
Use and storage of auto jump-starter - portable power Walter Cohen Home Ownership 4 October 28th 08 11:47 PM
Swiffer Vac - Battery Phil Home Repair 3 January 27th 07 05:27 PM
Cost of gas starter fuel vs. starter logs Paul Home Repair 1 November 27th 06 03:22 AM
starter pin Tim Taylor Woodworking 11 October 4th 06 09:30 PM