Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

Default Warning about United Parcel Service UPS

Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and just
drop stuff outside your residence.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am simply
reporting my experiences.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

In article , fred wrote:
Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

Perhaps it was is cloudy when it was dropped off. It should have certainly
been packaged in an insulated container.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and just
drop stuff outside your residence.

I am very glad they often do not require a sig so I can actually get the package.
One time though I had to drive around for an hour to find the driver who
didn't leave the package before I got home. I raced home this day.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

I usually don't run into the trucks.
I have really good UPS people around here and very friendly.
They can only take so much though.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am simply
reporting my experiences.

95% of the stuff here come UPS.

The ones in the clown suits are funny. What company is that ? DHL ?

greg
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers
WDS WDS is offline

On Mar 20, 4:24*pm, wrote:
I always feel very relieved when I ask who will the delivery be made
by and the answer is UPS.

Yup, me too. UPS is great.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

fred wrote in :

Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and
just drop stuff outside your residence.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am
simply reporting my experiences.

I never use UPS. I too find their drivers to be bozos. And their office
personnel are as well. The way they operate you'd guess they were
recruited from some homeless shelter. FedEx is the only way to go with
anything important.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 04:48:15 +0000 (UTC), against all advice,
something compelled eppie , to say:

I never use UPS. I too find their drivers to be bozos.

My UPS driver is smokin' hot. Sometimes I buy stuff just so
she'll show up at my door.

--

Real men don't text.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

Steve Daniels wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 04:48:15 +0000 (UTC), against all advice,
something compelled eppie , to say:

I never use UPS. I too find their drivers to be bozos.

My UPS driver is smokin' hot. Sometimes I buy stuff just so
she'll show up at my door.

I'd never see her, since the drivers NEVER ring the bell.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

In article , "Bob F" wrote:
Steve Daniels wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 04:48:15 +0000 (UTC), against all advice,
something compelled eppie , to say:

I never use UPS. I too find their drivers to be bozos.

My UPS driver is smokin' hot. Sometimes I buy stuff just so
she'll show up at my door.

I'd never see her, since the drivers NEVER ring the bell.

I don't usually get a bell for UPS, and I usually don't require
a signature. A Fed Ex shipment left recently gave me a doorbell ring
and left, also not requiring a signature, but was a nice thing because
of the time of day, and letting me see my material knowing it was there.
I would NEVER get a doorbel ring with USPS, unless it was
something special, and its usually left in the street mailbox if it
fits.

greg
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article , "Bob F"
wrote:
Steve Daniels wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 04:48:15 +0000 (UTC), against all advice,
something compelled eppie , to say:

I never use UPS. I too find their drivers to be bozos.

My UPS driver is smokin' hot. Sometimes I buy stuff just so
she'll show up at my door.

I'd never see her, since the drivers NEVER ring the bell.

I don't usually get a bell for UPS, and I usually don't require
a signature. A Fed Ex shipment left recently gave me a doorbell ring
and left, also not requiring a signature, but was a nice thing because
of the time of day, and letting me see my material knowing it was there.
I would NEVER get a doorbel ring with USPS, unless it was
something special, and its usually left in the street mailbox if it
fits.

Story....

At the last house I wired up the mailbox which was part of the attached garage
and garage door. I used one of those remote doorbells and a switch.
Worked fine for years. I was remodling and put on a new door not
re attaching because I was set to move. I recently occasionally heard
a doorbell while nothing locally was excited. One day I decided to
look down the street and press my doorbell. Sure enough a neighbor up the street
came to the door.

In the interim I was selling some junk to the neighbor, who was new
on the street. I told her about the doorbell trick. She later told me for a year
or two she would hear the doorbell every day or so and look out. Every
time the mailman would be comming up the street and let her know when
the mail was arriving. I explained it and we had a good laugh.

greg
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

In article , eppie wrote:
fred wrote in :

[...]

Its amazing how one can say one company has drivers that
seem to be from another planet. These drivers are pushed
to the max, and I don't see how any company does anything
remotely well, but they do it. You don't see older drivers
either. It can't be done by most older people.

greg

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

"D&SW" wrote in news:wkxxl.1814$SU3.834
@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

The problem is at your end. UPS here is great.

I agree UPS services stinks, imo. Have had them lose packages also.

"fred" wrote in message
Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and

just
drop stuff outside your residence.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am

simply
reporting my experiences.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

"fred" wrote in message

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature
and just drop stuff outside your residence.

This can happen if your address is in their "no sig required"
database. The no-sig status can stick around for years,
based on possibly even a previous resident initiating it.

They may even have entired neighborhoods on no-sig.

Steve
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature
and just drop stuff outside your residence.

It's not just UPS. I had a package delivered by FedEx a few years ago, clearly
marked 'signature required', simply left on the doorstep when nobody was home.
The tracking information on their website showed that it had been signed for
by "Mr. F. Rontdoor".

Not just me, either. Google search on FedEx "F. Rontdoor" returns over 350
hits.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers
WDS WDS is offline

On Mar 23, 9:02*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature
and just drop stuff outside your residence.

It's not just UPS. I had a package delivered by FedEx a few years ago, clearly
marked 'signature required', simply left on the doorstep when nobody was home.
The tracking information on their website showed that it had been signed for
by "Mr. F. Rontdoor".

Not just me, either. Google search on FedEx "F. Rontdoor" returns over 350
hits.

It happens with them all. Years ago I had 5 or 6 big boxes of
computer equipment left on my front step by Airborne clearly in view
from the sidewalk and street. Fortunately I lived in a low crime
area.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers
z z is offline

On Mar 20, 3:05*pm, fred wrote:
Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and just
drop stuff outside your residence.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am simply
reporting my experiences.

well, you haven't had the pleasant experience of having UPS leave the
package,a bunch of perishables somebody sent you as a present so you
didn't expect it and wouldn't wonder where it went, with your upstairs
neighbor, because it needed a signature "for security" so they
couldn't just leave it in front of your door; and of course they don't
tell you this, so when you bump into your upstairs neighbor a couple
of months later, he mentions that he this package for you. hey, nice
collection of molds and fungi.

it does vary from place to place and time to time. i've lived places
where they would absolutely never leave anything without a live person
signing, even if i would sign every waiver in the world, other places
where they didn't mind. i knew somebody who worked there, though, and
the emphasis is absolutely on bringing the truck back empty at the end
of the day, their internal newsletter has articles praising all the
drivers who get creative in ways to leave a package. some of these
creative ways seemed like they'd be useful to the recipient, some not
so much (like leaving it upstairs and not leaving a note) but as long
as it got the package out of the truck, it was Good.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

In article , z wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:05=A0pm, fred wrote:
[...]

Its pretty much standard practice to TRACK your package.
If someones signs for it you will see that.

greg

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
z wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:05=A0pm, fred wrote:
[...]

It was always my understanding standard UPS ground did not require
signature to residential. Thats why I don't like to order packages with 2nd day
or other services. Some companies like Dell require signatures
to protect their interests. Vertually all the packages received at work
from UPS require signatures even ground.

greg

Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers
z z is offline

On Mar 25, 1:03*pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , z wrote:

On Mar 20, 3:05=A0pm, fred wrote:
[...]

greg- Hide quoted text -

doesn't help if you aren't expecting a package. i.e. a gift.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,uk.people.consumers

fred wrote:
Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and
just drop stuff outside your residence.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am
simply reporting my experiences.

I just wish they'd at least ring the doorbell when they drop off a package.
Packages arrive and I have no idea they have, even though I's sitting 20 feet
from the door. I have yet to hear them ring the bell.