Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Permanent roof anchor?

I've got a safety harness on order and always wondered how the roof
anchor
was supposed to be removed and the holes sealed after use. Now I'm
wondering if, with stainless steel hardware, it makes any sense
whatsoever
to leave the anchor in place permanently. If I have to get up on the
roof
twice a year to clean the gutters, wouldn't the damage from installing
and
removing a roof anchor repeatedly cause more damage than installing a
permanent one?

For those wondering why on earth I'm considering cleaning the gutters
from the top, as opposed to from a ladder, it's because the lot
doesn't
permit unfettered access. IOW I'd love to be able to use the ladder
approach but it's not possible given the geography.

Sudsy
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article
,
Sudsy wrote:

I've got a safety harness on order and always wondered how the roof
anchor
was supposed to be removed and the holes sealed after use.

How about tossing the safety rope over the roof, and having
someone anchor it to the ground or a big tree on the opposite
side of the roof? That avoids a roof anchor, and it hold you
from the peak of the roof.

For those wondering why on earth I'm considering cleaning the gutters
from the top, as opposed to from a ladder, it's because the lot
doesn't
permit unfettered access. IOW I'd love to be able to use the ladder
approach but it's not possible given the geography.

This sounds like a very good justification for putting in the
gutter covers that prevent debris from getting in, but still
carries water away. Cleaning gutters your way is a classic case
of working harder rather than working smarter.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Sep 28, 12:34*am, Sudsy wrote:
[...]

There are harness anchors specifically designed to be left up
permanently. Here is one, but I got plenty of hits for "Permanent
Roof Anchor" when I Googled it.

http://www.toolking.com/products/184...oglebase=94053

JK

Titan Anchor rod, anchor bit Jack Home Ownership 0 February 1st 08 07:53 AM
self rock anchors, anchor rod, anchor bit Jack Home Ownership 0 February 1st 08 07:34 AM
Non-permanent glue? Toller Woodworking 10 December 6th 06 03:50 PM
Permanent Acne Cure tim Home Repair 0 April 30th 06 01:01 AM
Best way to anchor a tripod TV antenna mount on a house roof? udarrell Home Repair 4 March 4th 05 11:59 PM