Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default clothes washers and dryers for older units with "weak" plumbing?

I live in a relatively old condo complex, built in the 1960’s or
1970’s, and not the fanciest place around. One issue is that we can’t
have clothes washers or dryers in the units because (we are told) the
plumbing can’t handle it (and maybe the ventilation system, I'm not
sure if that's an issue too). I don’t know the technical details of
that, just what they tell us. (We have a common laundry room with
coin machines.)

Question: With all the advances in technology, you’d think someone
would have developed washers/dryers designed for these older type
living units. The people who run the condo complex may not be aware
of such units (if they exist), so I’m posting this query. Does anyone
know if there are special washers and dryers that have been designed
to work with plumbing and/or ventilation which is otherwise too “old”
for standard washer/dryers? And if so, can you specify what such
washer/dryer units are called, and/or who makes them, etc?

Thanks in advance for all replies.