Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Interior doors and your AC unit.

Simple question.

Should your interior doors remain open or closed while your AC unit is
running?

Let''s say you have a split unit AC system. A 2 story town-house and the gap
under your interior doors is sufficient to allow airflow (mine are about 1
1/2 ").

Is it more efficient to allow the air to go under the doors? Which I heard
causes the hot air to be pulled down to the floor kind of creating a small
vortex in the room.

Or is the open air method more efficient? Allowing full unobstructed air
flow throughout the house.

Sounds to me like the open air method is best, but it is a subject of debate
with my neighbors and we need some expert advise.

Thank You,
Mike

Posted to misc.consumers.house
z z is offline

On Jun 25, 10:48*am, "MikeMarr" u44465@uwe wrote:
Simple question.

Should your interior doors remain open or closed while your AC unit is
running?

Let''s say you have a split unit AC system. *A 2 story town-house and the gap
under your interior doors is sufficient to allow airflow (mine are about 1
1/2 ").

Is it more efficient to allow the air to go under the doors? *Which I heard
causes the hot air to be pulled down to the floor kind of creating a small
vortex in the room.

Or is the open air method more efficient? *Allowing full unobstructed air
flow throughout the house.

Sounds to me like the open air method is best, but it is a subject of debate
with my neighbors and we need some expert advise.

Thank You,
Mike

i would guess doors open, but that's totally just a hunch.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jun 27, 1:26 pm, z wrote:
[...]

Around here they keep telling us to not isolate rooms or restrict air
flow, except to balance the room temps. This maximizes air flow past
the cooling coils, making it more efficient. Therefore, leaving doors
open when you can is supposed to be best. So "they" say. I would
imagine there are exceptions.

Interior Doors Jim[_8_] UK diy 5 October 18th 07 07:15 PM
finishing interior doors [email protected] Woodworking 16 July 2nd 05 02:24 PM
Interior Pantry Doors ? Bob G. Woodworking 5 April 18th 05 01:11 AM
wood for interior doors Lividlev Woodworking 1 December 28th 04 01:03 AM
Source for interior doors Al Reid Woodworking 0 August 20th 04 12:28 PM