Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Intellius

Often when you search for a person, you end up with
Intellius which for a fee will provide you with all sorts of
information.

This organization is a fraud.

I entered my own name. My name is anything like
"John Smith" so there could be no mistake; there has NEVER
been a person in that town with my name except me.

First it came up with an address where I never lived, tho I
have lived in the town where I was searching.

Then for $14.95 they offered to provide complete information
on property that I owned at the above address.
This is an ABSOLUTE fraud; I was a government employee
and I always lived on property OWNED BY THE US GOVERNMENT INSIDE
PUBLIC LANDS (such as a national
forest, for example). So there is NO WAY they could provide
information on "my property".
Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Cognitus" wrote in message
Often when you search for a person, you end up with
Intellius which for a fee will provide you with all sorts of
information.

This organization is a fraud.

I entered my own name. My name is anything like
"John Smith" so there could be no mistake; there has NEVER
been a person in that town with my name except me.

First it came up with an address where I never lived, tho I
have lived in the town where I was searching.

Then for $14.95 they offered to provide complete information
on property that I owned at the above address.
This is an ABSOLUTE fraud; I was a government employee
and I always lived on property OWNED BY THE US GOVERNMENT INSIDE
PUBLIC LANDS (such as a national
forest, for example). So there is NO WAY they could provide
information on "my property".

Are you implying that searching for someone on Intellius with a unique name
likes yours will *always* return inaccurate information?

Or maybe only return accurate information 10% of the time?

Or maybe only return accurate information 30% of the time?

Or maybe only return accurate information 50% of the time?

Or maybe only return accurate information 70% of the time?

Or maybe only return accurate information 95% of the time?

Do you have enough data points to really determine their accuracy?

I have used Intellius for a number of years-- and thousands of searches --
and have found the vast majority of their results to be accurate. Sure,
some things are out of date here and there. This is especially true of
people who move frequently and/or do not pay their own bills.

Intellius, like many other search services, get a big part of their
information from the credit bureaus. Credit bureaus are notorious for
having misinformation in their files. Have you looked at your credit
reports recently? They could be all whacked up! :-)

- David Harper

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"David Harper" wrote in message

"Cognitus" wrote in message
[...]

There are several of these information bureaus. I tried my own name with
one; it found my current home alright (I am listed in the public phone book,
so that was no great feat) but it made hilarious claims about my relatives
and parentage none of which was even close.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Yeah, and my sister, who has an unlisted phone number and has for years,
has her correct phone number listed for her on Intelius. Bet she
would be mad if she found out, but I'm not going to tell...