Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Crickets in the basement - how to prevent them?

Every Fall, like right now, I get crickets in my basement. They
probably get in through tiny cracks. I sometimes see 6-7 hopping
around. These are black in color about 1.5" in length. They are
annoying because they chirp all night and also because I don't like
stepping on one. Is there a way to prevent them from getting in? Any
preventative spray, etc? I don't think find and plugging every little
crack/hole would be doable.
Thanks
mark sabatini

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...

Every Fall, like right now, I get crickets in my basement. . . .Any
preventative spray, etc? I don't think find and plugging every little
crack/hole would be doable.

These insects do no harm to people, pets, food etc.,
so there is no commercial market for repellents. Because
they enter through cracks etc. you must block those routes.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Get an iguana and put a big space heater down there.

The problem then becomes what to feed the iguana through the rest of
the year... unless you eat it and get a new one each fall.
I can see it now, the annual feat of the iguana shortly after the
first good hard freeze.

Crickets Jay Home Repair 16 October 2nd 07 01:58 PM
Crawlspace Crickets johnnymo Home Repair 5 September 30th 06 04:24 PM
How do I deal with crickets? void Home Ownership 16 September 29th 06 10:10 PM
Crickets ? Iowa883 Home Repair 10 September 18th 05 04:17 PM
Camel Crickets in the Basement Dr. Hardcrab Home Repair 7 May 19th 05 06:40 AM