Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Draconian requirements for homeowners insurance?

I'm in the market for a new policy for a house I bought,
and things seem to have changed since the last time I did
this.

So far, the companies I've queried all insist on both my
social security number and my signature on a release that
permits them to sell all of my personal information.

Is this what purchasing property insurance has come to?
Must I now risk my identity as well as expose myself to
never-ending spam, mail and phone calls from
telemarketers for the privilege of paying in advance for
insurance coverage?