Posted to misc.consumers.house
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Draconian requirements for homeowners insurance?

"Jake" wrote in message

Is this what purchasing property insurance has come to?
Must I now risk my identity as well as expose myself to
never-ending spam, mail and phone calls from
telemarketers for the privilege of paying in advance for
insurance coverage?

It depends where you live, and you did not post
this information. Where I live:
1. Public laws maintain Do Not Call lists and
provide that tax-related information (e.g. social
insurance number) may not be demanded by
private insurers etc.
2. Insurance underwriters vary with ownership.
Policyholder-owned companies do not pursue
all the commercial opportunities available to
investor-owned or private insurers.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs