Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Ice forming in freezer?

I have one of those Maytag refrigerators with bottom freezer. The
freezer has alot of ice forming in it like around the trays, along the
sides, and even on the light bulb areas which i think caused the light
to go out. Any reason why this happened? I haven't changed the
temperature or anything, so don't know why this is occurring? Thanks
in advance.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

It is only 2.5 yrs old. This just happened yesterday as i noticed it
when i opened the freezer since i haven't opened it like in 3 days. It
looks exactly like this model below. My model is MBL2556HES

http://www.maytag.com/catalog/produc...cat=14&prod=38

On May 12, 10:36 am, "
I have one of those Maytag refrigerators with bottom freezer. The
freezer has alot of ice forming in it like around the trays, along the
sides, and even on the light bulb areas which i think caused the light
to go out. Any reason why this happened? I haven't changed the
temperature or anything, so don't know why this is occurring? Thanks
in advance.

Most new refrigerators dont have ice in the freezer. how old is your
refrigerator?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ps.com...
It is only 2.5 yrs old. This just happened yesterday as i noticed it
when i opened the freezer since i haven't opened it like in 3 days. It
looks exactly like this model below. My model is MBL2556HES

http://www.maytag.com/catalog/produc...cat=14&prod=38

On May 12, 10:36 am, "
I have one of those Maytag refrigerators with bottom freezer. The
freezer has alot of ice forming in it like around the trays, along the
sides, and even on the light bulb areas which i think caused the light
to go out. Any reason why this happened? I haven't changed the
temperature or anything, so don't know why this is occurring? Thanks
in advance.

Most new refrigerators dont have ice in the freezer. how old is your
refrigerator?

you need a new defrost thermostat. it's behind the rear panel in the freezer
compartment. is it still under warrantee (new or extended)? if so, call
maytag and tell them. otherwise call a bunch of places, or diy is pretty
easy.