Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Where do you buy fancy switchplates

Just wonder if any of you order some online. I've seen some neat ones
from target but want to explore a bit more. Have any of you ordered
from, say, out of continent per se? Any good ideas are great. Thanks!

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
oups.com...

Just wonder if any of you order some online. I've seen some neat ones
from target but want to explore a bit more. Have any of you ordered
from, say, out of continent per se? Any good ideas are great. Thanks!

Switchplates displaying famous pictures are
sold at the shop of the National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...

Just wonder if any of you order some online. I've seen some neat ones
from target but want to explore a bit more. Have any of you ordered
from, say, out of continent per se? Any good ideas are great. Thanks!

Switchplates displaying famous pictures are
sold at the shop of the National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa.

Any sold to civilians in the non-110v part of the world are unlikely to work
here. Their devices and fixtures are different. (Yeah, I know everything in
stores here is likely made in China or wherever now.)

Why not create your own? Blank plates are dirt cheap- buy a 'contractor box'
and start playing with whatever artsy-craftsy supplies you are comfortable
with. Or buy one to use for a template, and MAKE your own out of whatever. I
see them in garage sales and female-targeted junk stores and catalogs all
the time- photo wraps, personalized ceramic plates for kitchens, bathrooms,
kids rooms, etc. Years ago, I saw a house built by a woodworker that Norm
Abrams would like- he made all the plates in the public rooms out of
machined hardwood. (No, I don't know if he put a metal backing on them to
keep them code compliant.)

GoogleGoogleGoogle-
Yep, 974,000 hits on 'decorative switchplates'. Plenty of choices out there.

Personally, I prefer plates that are easily cleanable. I'm pretty happy with
the oversize flexible ones I have been using here, to cover up the bad
installs the previous owner did with boxes sitting proud, oversize drywall
holes, etc.

aem sends....

reasons to buy/not buy a Jet JML-1014 midi lathe [email protected] Woodworking 3 November 30th 05 07:01 AM
FANCY CHEST OF DRAWERS J T Woodworking 0 August 26th 05 03:06 AM
woodtek (not the fancy one) Ralph E Lindberg Woodturning 0 May 31st 05 01:35 PM
Sanding first Fancy Veneer project U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles Woodworking 5 December 2nd 04 09:25 PM
Looking for plans for a Fancy Top Joe Comunale Woodturning 3 February 8th 04 01:57 AM