DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem with liftmaster garage door opener (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/180006-problem-liftmaster-garage-door-opener.html)

[email protected] October 21st 06 10:26 PM

Problem with liftmaster garage door opener

I was on vacation for 2 weeks and when I returned I wanted to open my
garage door in the morning and it would go up about 4 inches and stop.
The Liftmaster unit is about 16 months old. I have to try this about 4
to 5 times and then the unit will work properly all day. The next
morning same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ED

John A. Weeks III October 22nd 06 01:31 AM

Problem with liftmaster garage door opener

In article . com,
wrote:

I was on vacation for 2 weeks and when I returned I wanted to open my
garage door in the morning and it would go up about 4 inches and stop.
The Liftmaster unit is about 16 months old. I have to try this about 4
to 5 times and then the unit will work properly all day. The next
morning same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ED

Try adjusting the limit controls. There should be two of
them somewhere on the unit. You may have to take a cover off
to get to them. Sounds like one of them could use a 1/4 turn.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com