Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Buyer's agent in a buyer's market?

Now that the bubble is deflating is there any reason to use a buyer's
agent? Isn't just easier to low ball and move on with inventory
skyrocketing?

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Mean Mr Mustard" writes:

Now that the bubble is deflating is there any reason to use a buyer's
agent? Isn't just easier to low ball and move on with inventory
skyrocketing?

Depends on your experience level, knowledge of the target area, and
needs. I don't see how it being a buyers market has any bearing.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
Now that the bubble is deflating is there any reason to use a buyer's
agent? Isn't just easier to low ball and move on with inventory
skyrocketing?

Sadly, there are a lot of bad real estate agents. But, there are also
some really good ones. A good buyers agent will do a lot more than
just locate houses for you to look at and negotiate a price. He or she
will know the area, know which developments are shoddy, and know other
agents who are likely to be representing the seller, and if they are
"sharks" or ethical agents. They have a wealth of info that is worth
it if you know anyone like that. I've used agents and gone without,
both in buying and selling. IMO only really good agents will be of any
help unless you are a complete newbie to real estate, or haven't
bought/sold recently. Really good buyers agents are IMO very scarce.
When i bought my last house I went to a referal database of
"exclusively buyers agents." There was ONE listed in my whole state.
In another state, none of the agents even knew what a "buyers agent"
was. Needless to say, if they don't know what it is, they ain't one.