Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Bleach to kill disease and fertilize grass?

My neighbor told me that bleach mixed with water will kill disease and
fertilize my grass. I thought it was an outrageous joke when he said
that. However, he was serious! So what is the skinny on this? Never
heard of this before. Thanks.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Bleach will kill your grass, but I highly doubt it would fertilize your
grass. Try a 75% mixture of pure vinager and water, its just as
effective and doesnt leave any nasty chemicals in the soil. If you are
trying to kill the grass, this will work fine, it will shrivel up and
turn brown within 24 hours.

Cheers

Marc

wrote:
My neighbor told me that bleach mixed with water will kill disease and
fertilize my grass. I thought it was an outrageous joke when he said
that. However, he was serious! So what is the skinny on this? Never
heard of this before. Thanks.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

wrote
My neighbor told me that bleach mixed with water will kill disease and
fertilize my grass. I thought it was an outrageous joke when he said
that. However, he was serious! So what is the skinny on this? Never
heard of this before. Thanks.

Tell your neighbor you heard the same, so you're going to spray his front
yard with the mixture, free of charge.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
TKM TKM is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
My neighbor told me that bleach mixed with water will kill disease and
fertilize my grass. I thought it was an outrageous joke when he said
that. However, he was serious! So what is the skinny on this? Never
heard of this before. Thanks.

Chlorine bleach is an oxidizer, so it will kill the grass all right and just
about any other small living thing it contacts - worms, grubs, insects,
bacteria, etc. What remains are oxides (chlorides) of whatever it reacts
with. I don't see any chloride compounds on the ingredient list on any bags
of fertilizer in my garage. See: http://www.donnan.com/fert.htm

TKM