Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Whirlpool/Jacuzzi Q

I hired some housecleaners this week, and they did a great job--too
great a job. Now the whirlpool bath doesn't work. The motor doesn't
come on at all. There's no visible damage. The circuit breaker
hasn't been tripped, and there's no external GCFI. Any ideas how they
managed to stop it from running, and how I can get it running again?
TIA.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

The circuit breaker hasn't been tripped, and there's no external GCFI.

1) Have you looked for one of these, a "dedicated" GFCI,

http://www.leviton.com/images/prodinfo/gfci/6895.jpg

located behind a "wall-switch" style cover plate?

I realize that there appears to a a dedicated breaker for the tub, but
I've learned never to take the obvious for granted, so:

2) Try resetting any other GFCI's in sight, some "creative" installer
may have wired the tub to the bathroom utility circuit.

3) Look in the vanity, someone may have installed the tub's GFCI there,
and it may have been tripped by the cleaners.

Michael Thomas
Paragon Home Inspection, LLC
Chicago IL
mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article Pa2sg.11157$6w.4547@fed1read11,
Renee wrote:
I hired some housecleaners this week, and they did a great job--too
great a job. Now the whirlpool bath doesn't work. The motor doesn't
come on at all. There's no visible damage. The circuit breaker
hasn't been tripped, and there's no external GCFI. Any ideas how they
managed to stop it from running, and how I can get it running again?

Is it all hard wired or plugged in somewhere? Perhaps they unplugged it
to plug in one of thier machines and didn't plug it back in.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, Zero & Casey, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L