Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
mpwilliams

Default Carpet Cleaners? Do Any Really Work?

"Kudzy" wrote in message
Do any carpet cleaners really work? One of the neighbor's kids turned
over a pasta bowl (marinara sauce) in one of the rooms and we didn't
find it until the next day - it had dried. Also I had a fall and hit
my head, bleeding all over the carpet - now it's dry too.

Is there any carpet cleaning product that really, really works?

We use hydrogen peroxide (3%) to clean everything from cat vomit (we have
seven cats, and someone hurls every day) to red wine from our light gray
carpet. To facilitate application to the affected area, we replace the
screw-on plastic bottle top with a spray top (as found on many household
cleaning products).

Remove any solid material and blot area with paper towel. Spray area with
hydrogen peroxide until thoroughly soaked. Let rest for 30-60 minutes.
Vigorously scrub area with a clean, wet (cold water), white cotton utility
towel (we buy them in 100-ct bundles at Sam's Club). Vigorously scrub area
with dry utility towel to remove excess moisture. Safe, highly effective,
and does not alter surface properties of carpet fiber (as with most
specialty carpet cleaning products).