Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Reel Mowers: Sunlawn MM1... Any feedback?

Hi,

Sunlawn (www.sunlawn.com), the company that has the rights to import
the Brills in North America, released this year their own Reel
Mowers...

Is there anybody that purchased one of their new model MM1 or EM1?

According to technical specifications, Sunlawn's models have same
features as the Brills Luxus (heavier but a little more cheaper and
with a 2 years warranty).

I'm actually looking for which model I should buy and I would like to
choose between the Brill Luxus 38 or the Sunlawn MM1.

Thanks!

Chris

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Hey Chris,

I had a lot of questions about lawnmowers when I was searching for the
right one to buy. It depends exactly what your needs are, but the MM1
Push Reel Mower from Sunlawn seems to be more versatile and can be used
on a greater variety of lawns. I know from my own research that the
Luxus 38 cant cut Bermuda, Zoysia, or St. Agustine grass. Another nice
thing about the MM1 is that it has a greater range of potential cutting
heights, although I don't remember the exact figures. Also, since it
has a wider cutting width, it can be used to mow bigger area than the
Luxus 38. The only disadvantage that one might find is that it weighs
more, but its not that bad, as I'm out there to get exercise anyways.
Lastly, its around 40 dollars cheaper. Hope that helped.

wrote:
Hi,

Sunlawn (
www.sunlawn.com), the company that has the rights to import
the Brills in North America, released this year their own Reel
Mowers...

Is there anybody that purchased one of their new model MM1 or EM1?

According to technical specifications, Sunlawn's models have same
features as the Brills Luxus (heavier but a little more cheaper and
with a 2 years warranty).

I'm actually looking for which model I should buy and I would like to
choose between the Brill Luxus 38 or the Sunlawn MM1.

Thanks!

Chris

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Chris,

I bought an EM1--the battery electric reel mower--in April. I STRONGLY
RECOMMEND you NOT buy one. The workmanship and quality is extremely
poor. Surprisingly, the problems are not with the electric drive,
which worked well for the month I had it, but in the basic lawnmower
frame and design. On ours, the roller bar kept falling off because the
screws used to hold it in were way too short--you can replace them, IF
you can get the old screws out. I could only get out one.

The handle is held on by a metal flange--no cotter pin or screw--that
broke off on one side, so the handle kept coming off (and being pushed
into the moving blades). I used duct tape to keep the handle on,
UNTIL.

While my 13 year old daughter was using the mower, the frame just
broke. A large metal piece holding the roller simply broke off. The
quality of the metal was so poor that it broke under normal usage--the
same metal used for the flange that was holding the handle and also
broke..

I sent it back last week and am waiting for my refund.

It's too bad, because the electric motor was quiet and easy to charge
and worked quite well. You'd think the basic mower would be the part
that had been perfected, but not so.

Adam Wasserman