Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Dimitri

Default kenmore dishwasher latch fire - Model 665.1571591 - same as in CPSC 96-133

The latch switch/wiring caught fire! Usually we run it at night. This
time we started it in the evening so we cought it in time. The
dishwasher and some smoked counter tiles was the only damage!

According to Kenmore, the serial number is outside the recalled range.
Here is the CPSC announcement 96-133:

http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/PRHTML96/96133.html

Since mine went up in flames the same way, (the latch) here is the
model number and serial number.
Check your model and have it checked. It might save you waking up in
the middle of the night with the kitchen in flames and nasty fumes.

Model Number: 665.1571591
Serial Number: FB4774906
Stock: 15715

Kenmore was of course happy to arrange to send it a technician (for
$65) to evaluate and repair the unit. Of course I would be paying for
the technician's visit and the repair. I said no thanks (and some other
things )

Dimitri

Posted to misc.consumers.house
M Q

Report the incident to cpsc (consumer product safety commission) he
https://www.cpsc.gov/incident.html
Maybe they will broaden the recall.