Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
John

Default Duct bracing to stop flexing

The main return air duct mounted next to my upflow furnace flexes inward
when the furnace is operating. After the blower shuts off, the sheet
metal pops back out (oil canning) with an annoying bang sound. It looks
like a brace was created by the installer halfway up. It needs another
brace or bracket between this brace and the humidifier above it so the
sheet metal can't flex.

Where can I find such a brace? Is something ready made for this
purpose?

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

John wrote:
The main return air duct mounted next to my upflow furnace flexes
inward when the furnace is operating. After the blower shuts off,
the sheet metal pops back out (oil canning) with an annoying bang
sound. It looks like a brace was created by the installer halfway
up. It needs another brace or bracket between this brace and the
humidifier above it so the sheet metal can't flex.

Where can I find such a brace? Is something ready made for this
purpose?

I use light weight angle iron.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

I was thinking S-cleat. But then, heating guys like me work with cleat.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
John wrote:
The main return air duct mounted next to my upflow furnace flexes
inward when the furnace is operating. After the blower shuts off,
the sheet metal pops back out (oil canning) with an annoying bang
sound. It looks like a brace was created by the installer halfway
up. It needs another brace or bracket between this brace and the
humidifier above it so the sheet metal can't flex.

Where can I find such a brace? Is something ready made for this
purpose?

I use light weight angle iron.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was thinking S-cleat. But then, heating guys like me work with cleat.

Yea, everyone tends to work with what they know. If I were a heating
pro, I guess I would use what was most convenient and what I had in the
truck . Me I work with what I have in my garage. I guess I should have
been a little more clear. Us what works and what you have to stiffen it.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Duct Sizing Steve Groulx Home Repair 11 October 12th 05 11:11 PM
Vent Duct Problem BN Home Repair 6 October 8th 05 11:57 PM
Duct Sizing Steve Groulx Home Ownership 0 October 7th 05 03:01 PM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM