Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
HK

Default realtor question

Before I check out realtors maybe someone can give me some help from
their experiences when leasing out their house thru a realtor. I'd
like to know what is your experience perhaps in this situation...

Say my listing agreement with a realtor is asking for 1/2 month
deposit plus 1st month's rent and the real estate agency's fee is one
month (for a one year rental). Who does the prospective tenant make
out each check to (deposit check and 1st month rent) if the realtor
collects the checks first before giving them to me?

Appreciate your experience here. thanks.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

Are you referring to a rental agent ?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
HK

On 12 Feb 2006 11:57:45 -0800, wrote:

Are you referring to a rental agent ?

I guess.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 07:21:55 -0600, someone wrote:

.... Who does the prospective tenant make
out each check to (deposit check and 1st month rent) if the realtor
collects the checks first before giving them to me?

The broker typically doesn't give the physical checks themselves to
you (it might be cash anyway), she only forwards the net proceeds that
you have coming.

You are answering your own question. The tenant pays the person they
are paying. YOU are not collecting the money, and the broker doesn't
bank in your account.