Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Basement Bulkhead Leak

Hello all,

I've lived in my house for about 1 year, and never noticed any water
until now. I have a small shallow puddle [about 4-5 square feet area,
1 cm depth] on the basement floor, adjacent to the bulkhead entrance.
It has been raining for the past few days, and apparently some water
has penetrated the bulkhead and found its way into the basement.

There is some wetness on the bulkheads steps, but it is not obvious
where the water penetrated the bulkhead. I assume this is a relatively
common problem. Does anyone know how water typically gets through a
basement bulkhead and some ways to mitigate the problem?

Thanks,

-JJ