Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Brent

Default Best household surface cleaner? + other cleaning Questions

Has anyone noticed one kitchen/bath surface cleaner that works better
than another, or are they all the same?
ie. 409, Fantastik, Mr Clean, Lysol kitchen or all purpose, Comet
bathroom, Windex multi surface, Clorox bathroom, Kaboom, or any of the
various orange cleaners.

Do you think any of these work as well on tubs/showers as Comet powder
cleanser or soft cleanser or Soft Scrub?

Do you think any of these work as well on toilet bowls vs. the dangerous
acid toilet bowl cleaners that, other than the gel ones, fall down into
the water as soon as you apply them? Or would you suggest one of the
'new' flushable wand cleaning things?

I've used Clorox Clean Up cleaner w/ bleach on my toilet seat and
underneath the lid (both regular wood w/ white paint like most people
have), to try to remove what appear to be mold stains, but it doesn't
remove all of it, and took the finish off (or ate the paint) of my seat,
so it looks terrible. I'll probably buy replacements, wood again. I
don't like the plastic ones. What should I use next time?

I know someone that periodically uses the Lysol all purpose cleaner to
clean all their walls (for dust mainly). Doesn't that hurt the paint?