Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default FSBO ...pls help

Looking to sell a home - FSBO - in the SF Bay area, California.

Any pointers on which sites to list a FSBO property.
What to watch out for ?

Also how to get listed on MLS ?

Any suggestions, ideas would be very appreciated.

Rita

Todd H.

writes:
Looking to sell a home - FSBO - in the SF Bay area, California.

Any pointers on which sites to list a FSBO property.
What to watch out for ?

Also how to get listed on MLS ?

Any suggestions, ideas would be very appreciated.

First thing to know, buyowner.com is a ripoff. They're advertising
like mad around here, and for what they do, bejesus it's overpriced.
I had them come out and outline their program, and when I realized
that for $5000 I wouldn't be in MLS, I bid them good day. Their
photographers are A+ though, so if you lack good photo skill, consider
this.

I have listed with a flat-fee listing realtor for a whopping $347. My
contract gives them a non-exclusive right to sell my home via a
Realtor (i.e. buyer's agent brings someone to my home, I pay them a
commission on the sale at closing, a percentage I choose when signing
up and listing my house--go with the prevailing rate in your area or
higher if you want to move the property) or as a commissionless
by-owner sale. Feature realtor.com listings are included with
multiple photos, and as many updates as I would like. I show the
home, I do my open houses whenever I want, I take the pictures, I post
the signs, my phone is the one that rings when someone wants to see
the house, I do my fliers, I created my own website with a virtual
tour of the place, etc.

Similar flat-rate, non-exclusive right to sell realtor services are
likely available in your area, and you'd need a licensed California
realtor I believe. Look on realtor.com for houses being sold in your
area and pay attention to the various realtors and click through to
their personal website to see ho they do business.

Beware of the newspaper--it's a mixed blessing. I did a 2-week run in
a large area paper and got a whopping one phone call from a potential
buyer. And about 50 realtors, movers, financing folks, and other
people trying to sell me ****.

Craigslist.com might be worth a shot, esp in California. It's a very
popular free classified.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

"I have listed with a flat-fee listing realtor for a whopping $347. "

Did that get you into the MLS? If it did, it's an incredible deal.
Where do you live?

fsbo steps till closing? [email protected] Home Ownership 24 June 30th 05 05:59 AM
FSBO question [email protected] Home Repair 19 May 12th 05 06:41 PM
FSBO strategies Dee Home Ownership 4 April 12th 05 10:05 PM
FSBO? alkitim Home Ownership 7 April 24th 04 11:52 PM