DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need recommendations of good home warranty companies- (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/120047-need-recommendations-good-home-warranty-companies.html)

[email protected] September 7th 05 08:57 PM

Need recommendations of good home warranty companies-

We have a 8 yr old home in the sf bay area, california.

Bought it brand new at the time( 8 years ago)

Need recommendations of good home warranty companies- covering
appliance repair, plumbing etc.

I have heard of scams and horror stories. Some have said that it is
not worth the money.

Any suggestions, pointers, happy stories, sad stories .
What to ask ? look for ?

pls let me know.

Thanks

Ava

[email protected] September 8th 05 03:27 AM

I've never heard of anyone extolling their virtues.

KLS September 8th 05 12:10 PM

On 7 Sep 2005 12:57:31 -0700, wrote:

We have a 8 yr old home in the sf bay area, california.

Bought it brand new at the time( 8 years ago)

Need recommendations of good home warranty companies- covering
appliance repair, plumbing etc.

I have heard of scams and horror stories. Some have said that it is
not worth the money.

Don't waste your money on these warranties; the deductibles are too
high and the exclusions too many. Just be disciplined about saving
your own money and having a fund to draw from as needed. Also,
develop a list of good contractors you can call; ask your friends and
coworkers whom they hire for electrical, plumbing, and general home
repair services. Your house is new and should not have any mechanical
problems in the foreseeable future.