Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default carpet newbie

Hello,

Just wondering what is the best kind of carpet fabrics for the bedroom?
I went to some carpet dealer and they offered a permasoft bcf nylon
one. Is this any good?

josh

wrote
Hello,

Just wondering what is the best kind of carpet fabrics for the bedroom?
I went to some carpet dealer and they offered a permasoft bcf nylon
one. Is this any good?

Carpet of any type is a bad choice for a bathroom.

FYI, if you were to sell a home with carpet in bathroom/kitchen, and wanted
to sell it FHA or any type of government loan, the carpet must be removed
from these two areas.

Todd H.

"josh" writes:

wrote
Hello,

Just wondering what is the best kind of carpet fabrics for the bedroom?
I went to some carpet dealer and they offered a permasoft bcf nylon
one. Is this any good?

Carpet of any type is a bad choice for a bathroom.

Josh, I believe you may have misread the orignal post. He's asked
about BEDroom carpeting, not bathroom. 8-)

Note one potential pitfall to carpeting in the bedroom is having a
sleeping partner now or in the future who has a sensitivity to dust
mites. Hardwood floors might be preferable in that case.

I'm afraid I can't answer your specific carpeting question though. If
you can get a chance to put your feet on it, anything that feels good
is groovy. There's nothing about a bedroom that's particular unique
except that it's the one room you're most likely to do a lot of
walking in in bare feet, and it doesn't get a ton of traffic really.
As such, Berber carpeting tends to not be very popular, but any sort
of plush pile tends to be popular.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
josh

"Todd H." wrote in message

Josh, I believe you may have misread the orignal post. He's asked
about BEDroom carpeting, not bathroom. 8-)

By golly, you're right! I'm glad I'm just a stooge on Sundays! You wouldn't
want to see what I'm like the rest of the week! )

John A. Weeks III

In article ,
"josh" wrote:

"Todd H." wrote in message

Josh, I believe you may have misread the orignal post. He's asked
about BEDroom carpeting, not bathroom. 8-)

By golly, you're right! I'm glad I'm just a stooge on Sundays! You wouldn't
want to see what I'm like the rest of the week! )

Nearly all of us have a moment like this every once in a while.
Thanks to the magic of google, yours will be archived for the
future masses to see. But that doesn't make you a stooge.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com

Banty

In article , John A. Weeks III
says...

In article ,
"josh" wrote:

"Todd H." wrote in message

Josh, I believe you may have misread the orignal post. He's asked
about BEDroom carpeting, not bathroom. 8-)

By golly, you're right! I'm glad I'm just a stooge on Sundays! You wouldn't
want to see what I'm like the rest of the week! )

Nearly all of us have a moment like this every once in a while.
Thanks to the magic of google, yours will be archived for the
future masses to see. But that doesn't make you a stooge.

Yep - hey so what.

It was interesting about FHA loans anyway..

Banty

The cheapest you can get is best. That's because most of the time you
are in your bedroom, your eyes are closed and you are not on the floor.