Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

richardsfault

Default How long would your HOA tolerate behaviour like this?

Applicable deed restrictions:

"No exterior speakers, horns, whistles, bells, or other sound devices
shall be permitted on the property"

And:

"No television, sound, or amplification system or other such equipment
shall be operated at a level that can be heard outside of the building
in which it is housed"

The reality, recorded last night:

Full-blown band @ 10:20 PM: http://tinyurl.com/9otzo

Bass plucking @ 11:20 PM: http://tinyurl.com/cnx5x

I believe that my board is doing their job to address this problem,
but that they are dealing with an individual with extreme "attitude".
Nothing seems to faze him, be it certified letters, threats of fines,
and sheriff visits.

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...

Richard's fault!

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
Robert Morien

In article ,
richardsfault wrote:

Applicable deed restrictions:

"No exterior speakers, horns, whistles, bells, or other sound devices
shall be permitted on the property"

And:

"No television, sound, or amplification system or other such equipment
shall be operated at a level that can be heard outside of the building
in which it is housed"

The reality, recorded last night:

Full-blown band @ 10:20 PM: http://tinyurl.com/9otzo

Bass plucking @ 11:20 PM: http://tinyurl.com/cnx5x

I believe that my board is doing their job to address this problem,
but that they are dealing with an individual with extreme "attitude".
Nothing seems to faze him, be it certified letters, threats of fines,
and sheriff visits.

1) a proper sig is started by two dashes followed by a space and a return

2) is there a question or an answer in your post?

3) assuming that you are looking for a solution to your problem, that's
what lawyers are for. HINT: no matter how well your board is doing their
job, by allowing a continued nuisance they are liable for any value you
might lose on your property. HINT 2: If the Sheriffs department isn't
resolving the issue, they are either negligent or there is no applicable
law for them to enforce.
richardsfault

1) a proper sig is started by two dashes followed by a space and a return

2) is there a question or an answer in your post?

3) assuming that you are looking for a solution to your problem, that's
what lawyers are for. HINT: no matter how well your board is doing their
job, by allowing a continued nuisance they are liable for any value you
might lose on your property. HINT 2: If the Sheriffs department isn't
resolving the issue, they are either negligent or there is no applicable
law for them to enforce.

It's 90% a board issue IMHO. I live in an unincorporated county area
where noise laws are vauge. That is why HOA's are so prevalent in
these areas.

The board retains lawyers that they are supposed to set loose in cases
like this. The only real power they have is to fine and assess, and
that seems to scare some people more than others.

I look at it a lot like an unmowed lawn or abandoned car on blocks.

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com

1) a proper sig is started by two dashes followed by a space and a return

2) if a HOA does not defend its rules, you must sue them to enforce them.

3) if a HOA is unwilling to perform its function then you should file
legal actions to disband the HOA.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 16:12:10 -0700, someone wrote:

3) assuming that you are looking for a solution to your problem, that's
what lawyers are for. HINT: no matter how well your board is doing their
job, by allowing a continued nuisance they are liable for any value you
might lose on your property. HINT 2: If the Sheriffs department isn't
resolving the issue, they are either negligent or there is no applicable
law for them to enforce.

If that's what lawyers are for, why are YOU giving him legal hints?
Board is liable - yeah, BIG TALK pal - and who says they are ALLOWING
anything - you seem to be jumping the gun here. Same as with half your
conclusions about the Sheriff.

D. Gerasimatos

Dunno, but I never want to live in a place with an HOA. I don't understand
why people do.

Dimitri

Kendall P. Bullen

In article ,
(D. Gerasimatos) wrote:

Dunno, but I never want to live in a place with an HOA. I don't understand
why people do.

Amen, Dimitri!

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen
http://www.his.com/~kendall/

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!
anon

because unfortunately what we think of as 'white trash' isn't exclusive to
lower socioeconomic groups. There are many assholes with no consideration
of others.

Dunno, but I never want to live in a place with an HOA. I don't understand
why people do.

richardsfault

There was an article in the paper here (Chicago area) that a community was
considering enacting an ordinance that specified when and for how long one
could open his garage door. I guess we need to take the "freedom" phrases
out of the Plege of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner.

The only reason HOA's and rules like this are needed is because of
irresponsible trash such as my neighbors.

This audio clip sums up how I really feel about them:

http://tinyurl.com/9btmy

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com
Doug Miller

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com

Richard:

A proper sig begins with two hypens, a space, and a return. Please fix it, so
that newsreaders automatically strip it out when replying to your posts.

--
Regards,

richardsfault

Richard:

A proper sig begins with two hypens, a space, and a return. Please fix it, so
that newsreaders automatically strip it out when replying to your posts.

Something I never knew after 10 years of Usenet!

I removed the signature completely as I don't think it is needed
anymore.

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com

1) use a proper sig delimiter

2) What use is your HOA...they haven't helped you at all

On Sun, 22 May 2005 09:10:47 -0500, someone wrote:

This audio clip sums up how I really feel about them:

10:20 and even 11:20 - what day of the week?

If he cuts off by midnight, doesn't sound so bad to me. I am thinking
he probably did, as you would have posted a later time if there was
one. He should make sure his voice can be heard - then if you
recorded it without his permisssion, YOU would potentially be in
violation of the wiretap statute (a felony). For that matter maybe HE
should get a lawyer to figure out how to sue YOU for damages for
recording him and distributing it without his permission.

richardsfault

If he cuts off by midnight, doesn't sound so bad to me. I am thinking
he probably did, as you would have posted a later time if there was
one. He should make sure his voice can be heard - then if you
recorded it without his permisssion, YOU would potentially be in
violation of the wiretap statute (a felony). For that matter maybe HE
should get a lawyer to figure out how to sue YOU for damages for
recording him and distributing it without his permission.

You are a noisemaker appologist who is also very misinformed about the
law!

Wiretap requires electronic communication.

Ever heard the term "resonable expectation of privacy"?

They ain't got none!

Travis Jordan

D. Gerasimatos wrote:
Dunno, but I never want to live in a place with an HOA. I don't
understand why people do.

To protect my property value.

richardsfault

To protect my property value.

In a perfect world where everyone had common sense and consideration,
there would be no need for HOA's (or armies, police forces, etc.)

We do not live in a perfect world.

Major crime and mayhem is often spawned by small infractions left
unchecked. It was once theorized that unrepaired broken windows lead
to crime-ridden communites.

The role of the HOA is to stop order-threatening infractions of the
lowest level, such as broken windows, weedy lawns, and garage
musicians.

Travis Jordan

richardsfault wrote:
The role of the HOA is to stop order-threatening infractions of the
lowest level, such as broken windows, weedy lawns, and garage
musicians.

And in some instantiations to provide some quasi-governmental services
such as security.

On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:29:12 -0500, someone wrote:

The role of the HOA is to stop order-threatening infractions of the
lowest level, such as broken windows, weedy lawns, and garage
musicians.

Hmm, you equate all those things.....

richardsfault

Hmm, you equate all those things.....

Sure do!
D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
Travis Jordan wrote:
D. Gerasimatos wrote:
Dunno, but I never want to live in a place with an HOA. I don't
understand why people do.

To protect my property value.

What a laugh riot! Your property value is determined primarily by one thing:
location.

Dimitri

Travis Jordan

D. Gerasimatos wrote:
What a laugh riot! Your property value is determined primarily by
one thing: location.

Yep, and my location is deed restricted and has an active HOA. Were it
not for those two factors, it would be just like the other locations
around me, all of which have lower property values.

D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
Travis Jordan wrote:
D. Gerasimatos wrote:
What a laugh riot! Your property value is determined primarily by
one thing: location.

Yep, and my location is deed restricted and has an active HOA. Were it
not for those two factors, it would be just like the other locations
around me, all of which have lower property values.

Do you really think that someone painting their house off-grey instead of
beige (say) will lower your property values?

Dimitri

D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

You don't think that being just down the street from somebody with three
rusting cars on blocks in the driveway is part of the "location" ?

Not really. I guarantee you that an oceanview home with neighbors who
have cars on blocks is going to sell for more than a house in an
immaculately maintained neighborhood in a less desirable location.

Dimitri

On Sun, 22 May 2005 16:12:13 GMT, someone wrote:

To protect my property value.

"It's for your own protection" is the excuse for many abuses.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 16:16:18 -0500, someone wrote:

Forever - no HOA wher I live.