Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

callingcardguy

Default Stay away from Samsung refrigerators!

We bought one for our new home in January 2004. Within the first month
the water dispenser stuck and stayed open, so we had to turn off the
water. No ice, water or anything. Samsung doesn't do it's own
repairs, so in Jacksonville they hire out Maytag. It took Maytag over
2 months and 3 trips to fix it. A couple months after that, the fridge
started beeping for no reason. After 2 Maytag technicians came out, it
was determined that the front circuit board was bad. A month later it
was replaced. Before Christmas the front panel started acting up again
and the water dispenser did the same things as before. It took 3 more
trips by Maytag before the rear water valave and front dispenser were
replaced along with the front panel, again. Guess what? Within days
the panel stopped working again. We have had the Samsung refrigerator
for 16 months now, and it has been broken or parts unusable for 12 of
those 16 months. 12 technicians have been out to our house, and only
one had experience with Samsung. A couple weeks ago, Maytag again set
someone out with a main motherboard and a new front panel, again. The
guy installed them and still nothing worked! Finally, we convinced
Samsung to refund our money for a new unit.

Samsung has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We
have talked to them 18 different times, and it literally took each
person we talked to 10 minutes just to read all of the notes.
Ridiculous!

I don't know about Samsung's other lines, but stay away from their
refrigerators. Although it offers nice options, it is very unstable
and Samsung does not repair appliances in the US, they contract it out!

BTW...We bought this at Best Buy, and the people in their service
department are worthless also. This was a miserable experience all the
way around.

On 20 May 2005 11:17:22 -0700, someone wrote:

....A couple months after that, the fridge
started beeping for no reason....

Wow, why would a fridge even have the CAPABILITY of beeping. I don't
want to talk to mine, or more precisely for it to talk to me. I don't
think it even has vocal capability. I don't need it too. It just
keeps the food cold. That can be done silently.

But then I don't have a desire to have my fridge dispense water from
the front door, and actually I never ran a water line to it when we
built the house, so we never hooked up the ice maker it came with.
Just old school.

Travis Jordan

v wrote:
But then I don't have a desire to have my fridge dispense water from
the front door, and actually I never ran a water line to it when we
built the house, so we never hooked up the ice maker it came with.
Just old school.

Here in my hot climate I use the front water dispenser half a dozen
times a day for ice and chilled water. After simply keeping the food
cold, this is probably the most important refrigerator feature for me.
Hook up your ice maker and you won't go back.

D. Gerasimatos

I bought a Samsung refrigerator last year. The first one they brought out had
(within a couple of days) a problem. Tech support said they would send someone
out to fix it. I told them I would be more comfortable if they replaced it
entirely, since it was so new. They agreed. A couple of days later someone
showed up at my house, took the old refrigerator away and dropped a new one
off. This was convenient, because it meant I didn't have to go without
the refrigerator (although I do have happen to have an extra one in my garage
and a small one on my patio). The new refrigerator has worked fine. Most
of all, I was impressed with the level of service I received. I am upset
that the first one to my house didn't work properly, but so far the new
one has been fine. The warranty is fairly long (5 years) and if they service
problems in the future like they did the first time then I have no
complaints.

Dimitri

D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
Travis Jordan wrote:

Here in my hot climate I use the front water dispenser half a dozen
times a day for ice and chilled water. After simply keeping the food
cold, this is probably the most important refrigerator feature for me.
Hook up your ice maker and you won't go back.

What's wrong with trays of ice and a pitcher of water? Heck, with that
method my refrigerator can dispense margaritas, too!

Dimitri

Kiltz

"callingcardguy" wrote in message
Although it offers nice options, it is very unstable
and Samsung does not repair appliances in the US, they contract it out!

Are you for real? What did you think they would do, fly someone in just for
you?

BTW...We bought this at Best Buy, and the people in their service
department are worthless also. This was a miserable experience all the
way around.

Heh, didn't do your homework b/4 shopping, just wanted that cheap price.
ENJOY!

Kendall P. Bullen

In article .com,
"callingcardguy" wrote:

Finally, we convinced Samsung to refund our money for a new unit.

I'm amazed you didn't insist on that a lot sooner. And doesn't Florida
have lemon laws (or does that only apply to cars)?

Of course the interesting thing is that you don't say what happened with
the replacement unit...did it work fine? Then maybe you just got a
lemon.

Although it offers nice options, it is very unstable and Samsung
does not repair appliances in the US, they contract it out!

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of companies did that.

Anyway, hope the new one is working well!

Kendall :-)

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!
TURTLE

"callingcardguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

This is Turtle.

1] Well at least you got someone to come look at it. I just finished a while
back with Frigidaire Window unit was 10 months old and the warranty of it in the
first 1 year. 30 days of fooling with the warranty, calling everybody know , and
talking to Walmarts where the bought it and here is the story.

2] I called to 6 warranty repair centers people in different parts of Louisiana
and talk to recorders on all.

3] Talk to walmarts and they will not do anything because it is over 45 days
old.

Got to talk to one repair person at a repair center in Lake Charles , Louisiana
and he told me that he would do the warranty on it but first Frigidaire would
have to pay him back payments on 5 months charged by them to him. He has cut off
frigidaire from any more credit till they pay up. They owe him $7K in back
payments and will not pay up. Now he did say he would come fix it but it would
have to be paid by me and I collect from Frigidaire. The Problem was the double
shaft fan motor that went out which cost wholesale $123.00 but retail $291.00.
Now I can go to Frigidaire website and order the motor but not under warranty.

So If you buy Frigidaire window unit equipment, Don't expect warranty of the
equipment. Now Walmart will exchange it for the first 45 days but after that
your on you on.

TURTLE

richardsfault

Samsung doesn't do it's own
repairs, so in Jacksonville they hire out Maytag.

This helps to prevent Maytag repairman lonlieness and boredom!

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...

Richard's fault!

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at www.richardsfault.com

This is Turtle.

Everysince Frigidaire Bought out Maytag they fired all the repair men and
contracted the work out. Now after a few years Frigidaire has not paid the
repair contractor companys and they have no one in Louisiana to repair
Refrigerators or Window units with Frigidaire wrote on it. If you don't pay the
help, they will quit you. was that your fault Richard or Richard'sfault ?

TURTLE