Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Multile electrical outlets not working after breakers turned off

I just replaced my above stove microwave/fan with just an exhaust fan.
We turned off the master breakers to the house and took the microwave
out then put the new fan hood in. Unplugged the stove to clean behind
it then plugged the stove then the fan shroud in. Both work fine. In
fact everything in the house works fine except a few outlets all of a
sudden. I have reset every breaker in the box. It is 2 outlets in each
bathroom even though the lights and fan in the bathrooms still work and
the outlet in the garage that is a GFCI? outlet with push button
breaker thing. I reset the outside outlet and still neither works. Is
the something else I need to replace or does anyone have any ideas?
I've reset the entire breaker box several times and then the outlet
again and still no juice. Any help before we have to call and
electrician would be wonderful. Thanks

On 12 May 2005 16:16:04 -0700, someone wrote:

.... It is 2 outlets in each
bathroom even though the lights and fan in the bathrooms still work and
the outlet in the garage that is a GFCI....

So everything that is on a GFCI (bathroom outlets should be) isn't
working. That is much more relevant info than that it is "multiple"
because its not just random. You seem to have a ground fault.

If you unplug the newly installed stuff, and THEN reset everything, do
the bathroom and garage outlets come back on?