Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Koma Trimboards

greetings, we're thinking about replacing all of our trim and
rakeboards with this product: http://www.komatrimboards.com and was
wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

thanks

Why would you replace your wood trimboards with something made out of
PVC ? That website is non-functional.

And in case of fire, it only takes five ounces of burning PVC to give
off enough hydrogen chloride gas to kill the occupants in an average
size bedroom in ten minutes. (Not Man Apart, Nov. 1982, report of
results, Univ. Pittsburgh)

hey roger, thanks for your response. am obviously looking for
something that won't rot through the years since access to our fascia's
is a bit of a pain. PVC toxicity, it seems the whole house is
piped that way. given your statement, i'm surprised that county code
permits it?

On 5 May 2005 04:23:57 -0700, someone wrote:

hey roger, thanks for your response. am obviously looking for
something that won't rot through the years since access to our fascia's
is a bit of a pain. PVC toxicity, it seems the whole house is
piped that way.

Most "plastics" indeed give off toxic fumes, but then indoors in a
fire, good old wood smoke could kill you too. Your trim is outside.
Personally, my trim is cedar, but if you wanna put plastic trim on the
OUTSIDE of your house for practical reasons, I don't think fumes in a
fire is a sufficient reason not to.

Oops, I thought this was inside ! When googling I didn't see anything
negative about that vendor.