Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave

Default advice on replacing roof shingles ?

This spring I intend on replacing roof shingles, any advice on getting
estimates from contractors
or the best type of shingle? It's a 40 year old ranch style house with
two layers of "3 tab asphalt" shingles and the top layer needs replacing but
I'm not sure of the different grades or warranties. I have heard it's best
to completely tear off the old layers and replace with 25 year
"Architectural" grade.
thanks