Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default deck inspection

I just failed the footing inspection for my deck. The inspector left a
note "Cleanout Recall". I can't figured out what it means. I think I
have dug deep and wide enough from footing. Can someone tell me?

The term "Cleanout Recall" is not on Google so maybe it means you
should clean out the holes and then recall the inspector to reexamine ?

I can't even get my brain around someone building a deck and having it
inspected so I'm not much help. Call the guy and ask him.

johnny

wrote
I just failed the footing inspection for my deck. The inspector left a
note "Cleanout Recall". I can't figured out what it means. I think I
have dug deep and wide enough from footing. Can someone tell me?

Have they filled up part way with water? Here on such inspections as
footers for decks, I leave a stick marked off in foot increments and a 42"
(our frostline) mark. This way, the inspector doesn't have to stick their
tape measure down in murky water, which tends to tick off inspectors. Some
surrounding cities want an inspection b/4 concrete, and after you place 6"
of concrete.

On 5 Apr 2005 17:02:30 -0700, someone wrote:

I just failed the footing inspection for my deck. The inspector left a
note "Cleanout Recall". I can't figured out what it means.

Rather than US speculating, how about asking HIM.

On 5 Apr 2005 19:23:27 -0700, someone wrote:

I can't even get my brain around someone building a deck and having it
inspected so I'm not much help.

In many areas it would be a construction project requiring a permit.
And in many areas when you go to sell your house, you will be
routinely asked to sign an affidavit whether you had an un-permitted
work done. It is certainly not any easier to get the deck approved
after the fact when the buyer insists on it (or you have to take $10k
less for your property in order to find a buyer who will accept
violations). All for failure to get maybe a $50 permit?

I tried to call the inspector but he is on a leave for personal reason.
I was told someone in his family died. Apprently, there is nobody in
the department, including his supervisor, willing to explain to me.
They told me to re-schedule, then my deck inspection will be assigned
to another inspector.

v wrote:
On 5 Apr 2005 17:02:30 -0700, someone wrote:

I just failed the footing inspection for my deck. The inspector

left a
note "Cleanout Recall". I can't figured out what it means.

Rather than US speculating, how about asking HIM.

Removing Mold From Plywood Deck HELP Michael Roback Home Repair 4 February 19th 05 05:25 PM
Securing a 2nd floor deck barry martin Home Repair 0 December 20th 04 01:39 PM
Home Inspection Careers A-Pro Home Inspection Home Repair 1 November 26th 04 11:49 AM
deck problem John D'Errico Home Repair 3 August 30th 04 12:02 AM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Emily Lattella Home Repair 2 July 16th 03 08:07 PM