Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Walt

Default Win XP keeps restarting

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Win XP Media Center Edition 2005 which has
a black startup screen briefly displayed and my computer keeps restarting
repeatedly at startup no matter what I do. This happened when I downloaded
mp3 compression software from download.com. After the software was installed
and restarting was required to take effect the computer kept restarting. I
tried safe mode(keeps restarting) and safe mode with command prompt and
also restore to last known configuration and same problem. I tried to
disable automatic restart after system failure and get blue screen with
Stop error message(STOP:
0x00000050,0x8872A990,)x0000001,0x804F3507,0x00000 000). I want to use the
Restore feature in Win XP and cannot. Also I wondered if it was a virus and
how I could scan and remove. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.