Electronics (alt.electronics)

salaryman

Default Two power supplies?

This is probably a stupid question and I'm sure ya'll will let me know if it
is, but here goes:
In my home surround audio system I have been using a car amplifier to
drive a subwoofer speaker, powered by a 10-amp capable 110v. source 12Volt
power supply. I'm now upgrading. I want to go to a bigger car amp(needs
20-amps) and a more power hungry speaker. I have another power supply.
Here's the question: can both power supplies be hooked in parallel to supply
the necessary amperage or is this a recipe for disaster (both are regulated
supply's but not the same brand so probably two different set voltages)? If
I gave them a load in the middle (like a battery), would that work? Seems
a silly thing to ask, but I don't know if these two different power
supply's would go to war against each other. What do you think?

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Power supplies are burning out jbr Electronics Repair 19 January 22nd 04 05:47 AM
2 or more power supplies in parallel? Chris W Electronics 1 November 6th 03 09:53 PM
Switching Power Supply Failure W. Curtiss Priest Home Repair 0 October 6th 03 03:43 PM