Electronics (alt.electronics)

CoyoteBoy

Default Laptop screen extension

I was wondering, i have a project on where I'd like to take the screen
off a K6/2 laptop and put it remote from the base unit. I figured I'd
just cut and extend the ribbons but then i thought it might cause
problems with the extra length. Anyone got any experience with this?
Is it likely to cause problems? The inverter supply is easy to
lengthen, its just the data link im not sure on.

Cheers
James
Art

IMHO a very good way to ruin a perfectly good Laptop Display. Why don't you
buy a similar device from E-Bay for the lowest avaible cost and experiment
with it rather than doing this to a functional unit? BTW you can use an
external monitor via the VGA port on most laptops.
om...