Electronics (alt.electronics)

James Cheung

Default Transimpedance amplifier for photodiodes

Hello dear electronics fans,

I am studying transimpedance amplifier (TIA) circuit for photodiodes
with bandwidth approaching 2Gbps. So far I have seen in the literature,
Op Amp like TIA IC are used to amplifier the current signals to voltage
signals. Their analysis are based upon such Op Amp configuration.

1. Is there any fundamental advantage of using IC to amplifier?
2. I am thinking of using BJT to amplifier. Is there any good literature
on this topic? I expect those BJT's for RF use can extend the bandwidth
beyong 2Gbps.

Thank you very much in advance.

James Cheung

loedown

Hi All,
I haven't got much of an idea about this topic, but the reason
for using ics is for reducing physical size and keeping everything at a
constant temperature.

Can you imagine an AMD 64 as discrete components?

Paul