Electronics (alt.electronics)

ipo

Default Question on Y-adpater and sb line-in

Since the audio-out signal of my TV card plugs into the line-in of the sound
board how do I connect a tape deck to the sound board so that I can switch
between the TV and the tape deck? Is it safe to just use a Y-adapter?

Thanks a lot
ipo

Scott M

A "Y" switch AKA A/B switch should work just fine so long as it support a
stereo signal. Make sure the inputs and the output have all the conductors
needed for stereo: L, R, and GND.

"ipo" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
Since the audio-out signal of my TV card plugs into the line-in of the

sound
board how do I connect a tape deck to the sound board so that I can switch
between the TV and the tape deck? Is it safe to just use a Y-adapter?

Thanks a lot
ipo

---