Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default The world is running out of electrons - Serious implications to come!

From: The World of Science
Article 4115

The world is running out of electrons. Electric costs soar, while
electrical power capacity continues to decline. It now takes nearly
twice the amount of water power, coal, or nuclear energy to turn a
turbine for the same electrical output amounts previously generated by
half that amount of source energy. This decline will continue to get
worse each and every year.

The cause of this is easy to understand. The world is using too much
electricity and thus too many electrons are being consumed. Modern
electronics are being used in nearly everything these days, from engine
control on vehicles, to televisions, cell phones, computers, games, as
well as industrial production and home use of electricity and
electronics. The more electrical power we use, the more electrons we
consume.

It's estimated that by the year 2020, we will begin to see entire cities
go black, or suffer long term brownouts, and/or sporadic power
interruptions. Lighting will be dim, and electronic devices will cease
to operate, or will operate very slowly. For example, your computer may
begin to run slower than those old computers prior to the year 1985.
Microsoft is already attempting to design an operating system which uses
less electrons, but this has been hushed from the public to eliminate
panic, until now.

"It will only get worse". These are the words of many top scientists
all over the world. Like anything, no resource is infinate, and there
are limitations. Just like the shortage of oil that will soon occur
worldwide, there is a shortage of electrons, and this may actually have
a bigger impact on our lives. It will soon become too expensive to
produce electricity, and we will have to go back to using candles for
lighting, animals instead of electric motors to power our devices, and
computers, cellphones, television and so on, will become a thing of the
past.

Until then, everyone is being asked to cut back on their use of
electricity and electronics. Turn off unneeded lights, limit computer,
phone, and television use, and avoid using electrical power for heating
whenever possible. This will prolong the inevitable, but not entirely
stop our severe loss of electrons.

Scientists worldwide are attempting to find a method to "grow" new
electrons, but so far, all attempts have failed. Whether this is
possible, no one can say for sure. All we can do is to conserve the
electrons we still have, while preparing for the day when all of our
modern electrical devices will cease to function.