Electronics (alt.electronics)

Joseph

Default Want to buy a oscilliscope

I am a beginner and want to buy a digital / analogue oscilloscope for
studying purpose. Would someone advise me which model is appropriate, what
is the price and where to buy?

Thanks
Joe

vincee

"Joseph" wrote in message
I am a beginner and want to buy a digital / analogue oscilloscope for
studying purpose. Would someone advise me which model is appropriate,

what
is the price and where to buy?

Thanks
Joe

Go to ebay and type oscilloscope into the search box.
There were about sixteen pages of them when I last looked. Price depends on
how fast,new,and what features you need. I'd go with a reasonably new
Textronix 100mhz dual trace but I don't have experience with other brands so
I couldn't tell you if they were good or not.
Of course there is a risk factor that it won't work or be calibrated.
Probably won't come with probes either but there are plenty them on ebay
too. Don't be hasty (ask me how I know that) because new ones seem to come
up every day.And try not to get dinged on shipping.
Good luck
Vince