Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Schuursma

Default Standby problem Belinea 108020 pc-monitor

Hello,

As I tried to help a handicapped friend who has MS, using his PC for outside
communication, (Dragon Natural Speak) I
approached the local importer and Maxdata Germany for a problem with his
Belinea 108020 monitor. Nor the
importer or Maxdata Germany knew the problem I described and they said they
couldn't help me. Unfortunately the
monitor is out of guarantee since 6 months. Helas, Maxdata was unwilling to
send me a service-manual - not even a
pdf-version - as this was for dealers only.... I therefore bring his
problem here, hoping someone knows what I should
do.

The monitor of my friend goes into "Burn-in mode" (a text "Burn-in" is
visible on the screen ) once the PC goes on
standby. If the monitor is disconnected from the PC the same situation
remains - the monitor doen't go into a normal
standby. As it is very hard for him to reach the monitor-knobs this is very
awkward, he normally relies on the
automatic PC-standby function to have his monitor send to sleep.
Perhaps someone here knows the phenomenon and has a solution and/or a
diagram if it's some faulty hardware? I'm
reasonably handy with the soldering iron and a friend electronics wizz
promised to help, provided I find out where to look. (He's not directly a
computer-lover..). We would be most gratefull indeed if someone could help
us!

John Schuursma