Electronics (alt.electronics)

pil

Default transistors in amplifier ear

With what transistors can I substitute the ones in the amplifier ear?
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/023/

I have the following available:

2N2222
2N3904
BC309
BC258

Norm Dresner

"pil" wrote in message
With what transistors can I substitute the ones in the amplifier ear?
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/023/

I have the following available:

2N2222
2N3904
BC309
BC258

What was originally used?

Paul Burridge

"pil" wrote in message
With what transistors can I substitute the ones in the amplifier ear?
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/023/

I have the following available:

2N2222
2N3904
BC309
BC258

What was originally used?

Just use the 3904s all through (first substitute) or 2222s mebe. Ought
to do the trick, I'd have thought. Without thinking too deeply about
it, of course.
I stand to be corrected, as always.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Norm Dresner

news

"pil" wrote in message
With what transistors can I substitute the ones in the amplifier ear?
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/023/

I have the following available:

2N2222
2N3904
BC309
BC258

What was originally used?

Just use the 3904s all through (first substitute) or 2222s mebe. Ought
to do the trick, I'd have thought. Without thinking too deeply about
it, of course.
I stand to be corrected, as always.

2N3904's are fine for Vceo and Ft. Their Hfe(min) is also similar to the
two BC's, but falls short of the BC's max by a factor of 2. It's not all
that obvious from a quick glance why two different transistors were used in
the original but I'd certainly try 2N3904's in both places and see what
happens.

Norm