Electronics (alt.electronics)

Karl Timmermann

Default Where to buy 1" electric valve?

Hi,

The problem is the holes are already drilled on the top (2 of them) would
this still work?

Thanks!
Karl

On 5/30/04 9:24 PM, in article ,
"____m___~¿Ô___m____" wrote:

Karl Timmermann wrote:

Nope, at least the one I tried (one-way check valve) - have any sources
for ones that would work well for my application? Thanks!

Have you considered an upside down "P" trap affair. Like on a sink, except
upside down, using 1" PVC pipe. The part that runs against the bottom of
the deck could run to the other side, before going down to the pump. This
should keep water out unless deck is submerged and upside down.

Exit through side with tube and up to check valve, then up against bottom
and across the deck. Then down into bilge to pump.

Check valve could be made with a ping pong ball inside a 1-1/2", short
section of PVC with 1" reducers on each end. Ball would float to close.

I haven't made one of these to try it out, but the parts are cheap enough.

If this diagram doesn't make any sense, highlight, copy & paste diagram to
notepad or some text editor, w/font set at 16. Maybe it will then. I never
get these diagrams to turn out right in email. If that doesn't work I'll
post a screenshot to a binary group somewhere.

____________________deck
| | __1" PVC____ | |
| |-|---- | | |
| | | Check | | |
|_| | Valve | | |
Out ____| here | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| / / |
| ----Pump inlet
| |
| |
|Side |
\ /
\ /
\ Bilge /
\Sole__________/

_||_
|( ) |
| |---Check valve
| | w/ping pong ball
|_ _|

Not to Scale!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away".
--George Carlin--