Electronics (alt.electronics)

Jahosaphat

Default Multiple parallel printer interface for PC

I need to hook up 3 or more parallel printers to one PC. I'm not aware
of any such device in the marketplace and not expecting one since the
advent of USB. I must work with parallel printers for reasons I won't
go into here.

Presently I'm shifting the one cable from the PC to each printer as I
need to.

I'm thinking of three banks of tri-state drivers for the inputs and
outputs and making them switch selectable. Sound reasonable?

Does anyone have a pinout of the PC parallel port?

I suspect the outputs and inputs are buffered but I don't know that
for sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Anthony Fremont

"Jahosaphat" wrote in message
I need to hook up 3 or more parallel printers to one PC. I'm not aware
of any such device in the marketplace and not expecting one since the
advent of USB. I must work with parallel printers for reasons I won't
go into here.

How hard did you look?
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=1 2663

Note that it claims that it's not IEEE compatible. It also claims that
it wont work with HP printers, but that part is not necessarily true; it
depends upon the printer.

This one is automatic:
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=1 3206